A proven, cost-effective complimentary tactic that increases process efficiency and final wire product quality…is wire descaling brush.
In the process of drawing or forming wire, scale and residual lubricants are inevitable. If not managed effectively, they can have a significant impact on the overall operation of the line. The most common are:
• Incomplete scale removal or clinging fine Particulates
• Residual lubricants gumming up dies or wire straighteners
All of these can affect forming, final finish, or prematurely wear out dies… as well as, force line-speed reduction, and more frequent shutdowns to change worn parts or clean
The impact of scale and residual lubricants on wire run ability and quality is greater than realized. On the plus side, these problems are relatively easy to manage without huge expense or re-engineering.
Wire descaling and cleaning brushes are a quick low cost way to optimize wire finish and increase line speed. They are installed in seconds with no special tools.
Depending on your objective, brush can:
• Quickly remove excess scale to improve traditional mechanical descaling processes
• Extend die life
• Easily remove excess lubricants and residue
• Improve uniform lubricant adhesion
• Enhance drawing and bending machine performance and reliability
• Optimize surface finish and brightness
• Reduce the costs associated with chemical descaling
There are specific brush types designed for each wire type, material and size, finish requirements, drawing operation, or final product configurations.
A few examples are:
• Heavy to light scale removal
• Bright wire, plate grade finishing
• Low and high carbon steel, copper, stainless steel, aluminum, and other
• Soap/lime/lubricant removal
• very light talc, copper dust or fines removal
• Continuous scouring
• Wet or dry environments
• Acidic or neutral baths
• Line speeds from 200 fpm (60 mpm) to 6500 fpm (2000 mpm)
• Cable and chain
Easy to install
Another advantage to the in-line spiral brush design is they change-out in seconds,
with the wire in place. Most operations allow the brush to ride free on the wire, while others choose to clamp them to a fixture.
Call Molly at 800.787.7325, she can talk about your wire descaling need or email: email@example.com. For more info check out our web page.